We can help you to:
- Look at all your housing options – we have lots of local knowledge and good relationships with housing providers.
- Apply for social housing with Aberdeen City Council and Registered Social Landlords locally
- Help you ensure you give all the necessary information and evidence for your applications to be assessed appropriately
- Support you to request a re-assessment or review if your circumstances change
- Give advice on how to access assessments for Occupational Therapy, care services or telecare and other equipment.
- Assist you to access adaptations to your current property to enable you to remain there
- Signpost you to money and welfare advice services
- Advice on housing law and your rights
Our Veterans Voice service aims to support disabled veterans of the armed forces, Police, Fire & Rescue Service and Merchant Navy source and secure suitable accommodation.
The transition from military and civil service to civilian life can be a daunting experience and for ex-servicemen and women who also have a disability, finding a suitable place to live can be even more challenging.
Our dedicated service can assist veterans and their families access suitable housing, support you to access other services and we have strong links to veteran support agencies.
Our No Place Like Home service offers a unique provision to older people with a disability and aims to give advice on housing options specifically for anyone 65 and over.
Our service uses a holistic approach to assess your whole situation, from helping you access adaptations and specialist equipment in your current home to assisting you look for another home if yours is no longer suitable. Older people can often find it difficult to access housing and other services in todays online world, we can facilitate this link on your behalf. We can offer guidance on how to access supported housing, telecare equipment, care services and can help put you in touch with other useful voluntary agencies and services locally.